I did it again ! I have submitted something for the KVR Developer Challenge 2014. It’s called Guitar Gadgets, it is a plug-in which makes sound this time, and this is a compilation of “false” analog pedal models, doing strange, weird, ugly but fun sounds. It is made to be used with an electric guitar and a guitar amp simulation, but you can use it with whatever you want.
The effects included are the following :
- Delay Attack : a delay effect which can be controlled by the way you attack the guitar strings.
- Super Phazer : a modulated phaser effect.
- Niagara Falls : a bathroom / cathedral / Niagara Falls – like reverberation effect.
- The Crusher : an effect which brings only destruction and annihilation.
- Larsenator : a false larsen generator thanks to distortion and feedback.
- Combulator : a modulated comb filter effect.
- Miaou Miaou pedal : it’s like a Wah Wah pedal, but it does “Miaou Miaou” instead.
- Microcassette : a tape recorder emulation, going a little too far maybe.
- Slicer : an effect which slices the sound from the guitar at any specified rate.
- Filtrator : a filter pedal effect like.
- Convolutor : a gadget to convolute weird sounds.
There is also a surprise somewhere (I think we call that an Easter Egg ?), some shiny animations and it is available on VST/AU formats (32/64-bits, Windows & Mac OS X). I had a lot of fun designing it, even if my skills with the graphical tablet are not quite where I would like them to be.